Last year Twitter made an announcement that users were able to increase engagement by 208% through ad improvements and autoplay videos. Additionally, the company confirmed that the cost per engagement dropped by 56% from the previous year!
If you are in business and actively using the Internet then you should know that Twitter has been extremely popular. Businesses and individuals have been using it to reach out to others and generate conversions while improving brand recognition.
And it’s not just Twitter, other social media platforms have had their share of impressive successes in drawing more traffic to landing pages.
- A European watch company was able to get Instagram followers to re-post his discount coupon and improve sales by over 200%!
- Fashion brand Chanel launched a campaign #newchanel5, got a major blogger to endorse the product, and pulled an additional 8 million Likes from its original one million!
- Hundreds of new YouTubers encourage followers to suggest videos to review which improves their network by thousands and draws Internet users to visit their websites
The beauty of social media is that using it is easy, goals are achievable, it has great visability, and has become the norm for most consumers.
The key to using social media to drive traffic to your landing pages is creating a campaign that is focused, well-planned, and engaging. Here are just three tricks you can use for that campaign:
Trick #1 Offer Social Media Authorization
One reason users hesitate clicking on a post that will take them to a landing page is the process it will take to get there. Signup forms and logins that are complicated or even take a fraction of a second longer than the user is willing to waste will be a major turn off. Give them the easy option of social media authorization which allows them to use their social media credentials (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to sign in.
Trick #2 Diligently Work on a Social Media Campaign
It’s quick and easy to post on social media but if your posts are confusing, untargeted, or boring, you will not get more traffic to your landing pages. Do not be random with your posts. Have a plan. Your plan must have the following:
- An objective – what do you want to achieve, how many new visitors, organic clicks, and conversions
- Target – should be specific (age, gender, interests)
- Good monitoring and analytics tools
- Time frame – it helps to put pressure plus staying on the same campaign will eventually bore all users and cause them to tune out
Trick #3 Make sure your landing page is social media friendly
You can generate traffic to your landing pages in more ways than just having a social media campaign. By making your landing pages social media friendly, you can place a numeric value on the popularity of your page using social network widgets.
When people on your landing pages click on these widgets to Like your page, it be seen by that person’s network who just may decide to take a peek at your page.